+1 727-463-0171 joemain@mainelectricllc.com

What, carbon monoxide or co, it’s a  colorless, odorless  gas that makes you sick ,then puts you to sleep and then kills you. Its a normal byproduct of combustion, so it’s produced by anything that burns fuel.Unless your home runs on entirely on electricity,it’s in your home Here how to protect your family.CO is produced by anything that runs on fuel:gas water heaters,heaters,oil furnaces,wood stoves,gasoline engines,kerosene heaters…if it burns it emits co.The early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning resembles those of the flu.If anyone is experiencing headaches,dizziness,fatigue or vomiting, get everybody out of the house and call 911.Open your doors and windows to thoroughly ventilate the home Turn off all potential sources of co.Have a pro inspect all your fuel  sources,appliances and chimneys to make sure they’re operating an vented correctly. So install or replace your co detectors asap.Locate them in halls near bedrooms but at least 15 ft. away from fuel burning appliances. CO is roughly the same weight as air, so it neither rises to the ceiling nor sink to the floor.CO detectors only have a five  to seven year life so read the date on the back of the detector be safe. If you have small children, consider buying a talking co detector